Friday, August 21, 2009

I am told I have trojans and all that bad stuff on my pc-my antivirus finds nothing when I run it-wh

I had computer associates(CA) antivirus on my pc provided by sbc/att as part of my dsl bumdle.Then without any given notice-att/sbc dropped CA n switched to Norton . I had no idea that they were no longer using CA. I continued to update and run CA everyday. But since sbc dropped them CA was never really updating for me which means the virus protection was useless. It never warned me of any problems-it just finished the scans and said no viruses found! I took my pc into staples 2 have it checked b/c it was having all types of issues. They told me that there was no antivirus software found on my pc. but they did find tons of trojans, malware,etc. They said I need to wipe out everything.When I got home I went 2 sbc page online 2 check CA. Sbc prompted me 2 install Norton! I tried and it said "sorry-Norton will not be available until feb.15-which was still 2 wks away! so I waited 2 wks,tried again only 2 be told I dont have enough memory 4 norton install.Thanks sbc.So how do i fix



I am told I have trojans and all that bad stuff on my pc-my antivirus finds nothing when I run it-what gives?virus



krs10, it looks like you might have a smitfruad infection. symptoms to check for are



is there a flashing red x near your system clock, it could be a flashing exclamation mark too...



are you getting pop-ups stating that your computer is infected and you can purchase so and so anti-virus or anti-spyware?

No comments:

Post a Comment