Friday, August 21, 2009

Is any internet security software essential?

I'm pretty sick and tired of Norton Internet Security. It's always running and slowing down my laptop. How likely is it that a hacker will get into my computer if I don't have any firewalls or a virus will mess up my files if I don't have an antivirus software?



Is any internet security software essential?pop up blocker



It's almost garunteed that you'll get a virus or some form of malware if you run your computer without protection. If you're looking for 'ligher' alternatives, try Avast Antivirus, or AVG. Windows default firewall is pretty good, so you can just use that. As for adware and spyware, try Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy. All of these are free, and a lot quicker than Norton, though they may not be as good. Personally, I use Norton on one computer and Avast on the other.



Is any internet security software essential?systemworks



I understand your problem. I had the same problems with McAfee virus protection on my laptop. And if I disabled it, the next time I wanted to run a scan, the program would not work unless I went through a long, detailed verification process. Yet, virus protection is essential these days. If you can depend on you yourself to run a virus scan regularly, I think you could be safe to remove Norton and find a program that YOU can control. I think Lava Soft has some good programs that run seamlessly and without interfering with your PC's performance. There are also user-friendly, trustworthy websites where you can visit on a regular basis for a full scan. I recommend PCPitstop.com.
all you need is zonealarm pro .. there is a free version ..http://www.keeptell.com/soft/70/anti-vir...
----------------------------------------...

No comments:

Post a Comment