Friday, August 21, 2009

Updated from IE6 to 7 plus other software changes.?

I had my tech friend download all the latest SP2 updates, change my explorer from 6 to 7 and also had new Mcafee Antivirus Software, firewall, and antispyware put on. Question: If I remove IE7 to go back to IE6, will that effect any of the other changes that were made. I don't want to muck up my computer - my tech friend will kill me and I don't want to bother him with this. Thanks!



P.S. Also, my computer seems much slower with IE7 than 6. Does that seem to be the case. I heard it takes more memory and I have an older computer.



Updated from IE6 to 7 plus other software changes.?virus removal



No, it won't hurt any of the other progs if you roll back to IE 6.



Here's how to do it CORRECTLY:



http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/510...



You can always re-install IE 7 once they get most of the 'bugs' worked out of it.



You don't say what firewall and anti-spy-ware progs were installed. If they're not McAfee then you MAY have a bit of a conflict going on. BUT a lot of 'armour' progs CAN use up a quite a bit of resources slowing your 'puter. DO ask your friend about this. And ask if they went into " msconfig " and shut off the un-necessary progs running in the back ground. These can eat resources and slow computers down, too.



Updated from IE6 to 7 plus other software changes.?anti virus protection

No comments:

Post a Comment