Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is it a problem if Unistal Kaspersky Antivirus license expired?

My license has expired. Only effect of that seems to be the message that the current anti-virus database was released 91 days ago and that a valid antivirus database is required for the application to work efficiently. I'm still able to perform scans and protection still seems to be enabled. So what's the problem if I don't renew my license? I just don't know what an antivirus database means and it doesn't tell the consequence of not having an older database.



I'm only bothered because my C: shows only 130 MB disk space no matter how many huge files delete permanently. A thought occured in my mind that may be after the license expiry the Antivirus software is not working correctly let alone efficiently.



Is it a problem if Unistal Kaspersky Antivirus license expired?antivirus programs



The most dangerous threats out there are the newest ones. To be protected against them, you must renew your license to get the virus database that contains their signature, or if they infect your computer, you will not be in the slightest protected. Yes, you can still scan, and the realtime is still on, but it's pretty much useless. If you are not prepared to pay, then uninstall Kaspersky and go to http://www.free-av.com/ and download the free Avira AntiVir Classic.



Is it a problem if Unistal Kaspersky Antivirus license expired?computer protection

No comments:

Post a Comment