Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I know its bad to have 2 antivirus softwares running on your computer,but what about 2 antispyware s

I just got Spy Sweeper but i already have Spybot. Can i use both on my computer? The reason i'm worried is becuase a while ago i had Mcaffe Virusscan running on my computer as well as Norton Antivirus and my computer crashed :(.



I know its bad to have 2 antivirus softwares running on your computer,but what about 2 antispyware softwares?adware remover



I run three anti-spy-ware programs on my PC's. There is no problem with having three and I have run multiple programs at the same time before and it doesn't hurt you OS or PC. Anti-spy-ware programs like Spybot and such don't remain resident in the OS like Anti-Virus programs do. I typically don't run multiple anti-spy-ware programs at one time, because its a waste of system resources. I run the programs in traunches to make sure if one program misses mal or spy-ware that may be able to pick it up.



Now my Anti-virus software looks for spy, malware and the such.



I know its bad to have 2 antivirus softwares running on your computer,but what about 2 antispyware softwares?antivirus protection



yes you can have many antispyware programs on your computer Report It


Spybot is pretty compatible with many programs. I also recomend using Adaware! That works great as well!
Using two spyware programs shouldn't be a problem. Only run one of them at a time, but they can both be on your computer. You shouldn't have had a problem with the two anitvirus programs either, unless they were both trying to do a scan at the same time.
I use three antispyware program because no one program can detect all spyware. There's a good list of free ones here.

No comments:

Post a Comment